Can you believe it’s November and that Thanksgiving is just three weeks away? Time to start getting those dinner plans made and outfits in place. I’ve got three ideas this week that will help you look on-trend this Thanksgiving without becoming a fashion victim. Continue reading “3 On-Trend Looks for Your Thanksgiving Outfit”
Cleveland is a city that really comes alive in the summertime! It offers fabulous weekly festivals like Edgewater Live and Wade Oval Wednesdays where live music, food trucks and a general good time turn up in abundance. On Wednesday I decided to check out the Summer Solstice Celebration at Lakewood Park – known for the somewhat newly (2015) constructed Solstice Steps where local residents gather each night to watch the sun set over Lake Erie.
While I rarely wear shorts anymore, I decided to this night. Hey, if you can’t wear shorts in Cleveland on the longest day of the year, when can you? This pair (and the top) are older items in my wardrobe but the shorts reminded me a bit of a current pair from Sandro. The pink and black combo takes me back to my 1980’s teen years!
Continue reading “OOTD: Summer Solstice Edition”
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Finally the big reveal that I promised: a complete mini capsule for Spring 2017! Using sixteen core pieces (including some of the capsule basics we covered in the capsule series) and nine accessories we created sixteen complete outfits for your inspiration. And I’m guessing all you out there can come up with even more!
If you are new to capsule wardrobes and have always wanted to give them a try, the sample wardrobe below would also work well for a spring time, city-based vacation to a mild/moderate climate. Trying to use a capsule on vacation is a great way to test the theory out. Trust me, you won’t regret packing less!
Spring Mini Capsule Contents:
- J. Crew denim jacket
- Banana Republic linen tee
- Hudson Collin skinny Jeans
- Banana Republic Sloan black ankle pants
- Garnet Hill 3/4 sleeve bateau dress
- Ten Sixty Sherman ruffle sleeve tee
- Ralph Lauren a-line skirt
- Citizen’s of Humanity Karmen pencil skirt
- Boden long sleeve Breton tee
- Bloomingdale’s Aqua asymmetrical tie top
- Splendid lace-up top
- Caslon 3/4 sleeve tee
- Nordstrom BP cargo anorak
- Halogen cardigan
- Halogen long linen cardigan
- Garnet Hill slim utility pants
Accessories & Add-ons
- adidas Originals Stan Smith
- Halogen Freda slide
- Nordstrom BP Katrina flat
- Missoni scarf
- Halogen Painterly Wave wrap
- Halogen Urban Blooms scarf
- Banana Republic Wildflower necklace
- Kendra Scott Rayne tassel pendant
- Longchamp large La Pliage tote
I’d love to see what combinations you come up with! Please feel free to comment below, write in or share any photos.
This post is part of Classy Yet Trendy’s blogger link-up!