Other 2018 Fall/Winter Top Fashion Trends Worth Considering
- Leather: Love. Another fall staple, easiest to incorporate via skirt form or as a sleeveless shell. I have one that is my go-to go out outfit when I can’t think of what else to wear.
- Metallic/Foil/Sequin: Normally more of a holiday thing, I like the little bit of sparkle these items can bring.
- Ruching: It’s back! Just in time to hide those tummy rolls that make an appearance around the holidays.
- Corduroy: Hmm, I’m on the fence with this one but don’t know why. I like corduroy in theory. Maybe too many sad 70’s flashback’s?
- Bright tights: Might try these with one of my neutral dresses as a quick refresh. I slightly fear looking a bit too toddler-esque!
- Folk-Inspired (patchwork, quilting, crochet): The toughest that I MIGHT try but am very scared of. Taste level seems to be the key here. No one wants to look like a mid-West prairie chick aside from Laura Ingalls.
Shop the Looks
My Least Favorite 2018 Fall/Winter Fashion Trends
- Extremely Over-sized: Unless you’re super tall and super skinny, this look is really hard to pull off. First rule of styling: bigger clothes DO NOT make you look smaller!
- Plastic: Expose my pasty skin AND manage to show how profusely I’m sweating all in one incredibly uncomfortable garment? No thank you.
- Western Inspired Shirts: Think yokes, piping trim and chest pockets. OK, I have a personal bias on this one but they are just not for me. My apologies to the cowgirls out there – you do you.