Spring is rumored to be right around the corner although this week saw sub-zero temps throughout much of the country, including here in CLE! Any-hoo, I thought now would be a good time to talk core closet essentials for the upcoming Spring/Summer seasons. Again, you don’t need EVERYTHING listed below but working towards collecting these core pieces will end up making getting dressed each day much easier in the long run.
And note that you’ll still use some of your Fall/Winter pieces into Spring/Summer (download that checklist here); namely the medium blue jeans, jean jacket, nude pumps, etc. Good core closet essentials flow seamlessly from one season to the next!
Continue reading “Spring/Summer Core Closet Checklist”
Whether you practice a capsule wardrobe or are a “more is more” kind of shopper, having a core closet of certain essentials makes it much easier to get dressed in the morning. You don’t need ALL of the pieces suggested here but having a selection of some of them will make your life easier.
Core closet essentials are where you want to spend your money. Buy the best you can afford, with one exception: white tees. I find that white tees grey, yellow or get spills on them so quickly that it’s better to find a good, less expensive model and replace them more often.
Continue reading “Fall/Winter 2018 Core Closet Checklist”
Happy Tuesday, everyone! Finally the big reveal that I promised: a complete mini capsule for Spring 2017! Using sixteen core pieces (including some of the capsule basics we covered in the capsule series) and nine accessories we created sixteen complete outfits for your inspiration. And I’m guessing all you out there can come up with even more!
If you are new to capsule wardrobes and have always wanted to give them a try, the sample wardrobe below would also work well for a spring time, city-based vacation to a mild/moderate climate. Trying to use a capsule on vacation is a great way to test the theory out. Trust me, you won’t regret packing less!
Spring Mini Capsule Contents:
- J. Crew denim jacket
- Banana Republic linen tee
- Hudson Collin skinny Jeans
- Banana Republic Sloan black ankle pants
- Garnet Hill 3/4 sleeve bateau dress
- Ten Sixty Sherman ruffle sleeve tee
- Ralph Lauren a-line skirt
- Citizen’s of Humanity Karmen pencil skirt
- Boden long sleeve Breton tee
- Bloomingdale’s Aqua asymmetrical tie top
- Splendid lace-up top
- Caslon 3/4 sleeve tee
- Nordstrom BP cargo anorak
- Halogen cardigan
- Halogen long linen cardigan
- Garnet Hill slim utility pants
Accessories & Add-ons
- adidas Originals Stan Smith
- Halogen Freda slide
- Nordstrom BP Katrina flat
- Missoni scarf
- Halogen Painterly Wave wrap
- Halogen Urban Blooms scarf
- Banana Republic Wildflower necklace
- Kendra Scott Rayne tassel pendant
- Longchamp large La Pliage tote
I’d love to see what combinations you come up with! Please feel free to comment below, write in or share any photos.
This post is part of Classy Yet Trendy’s blogger link-up!