Would You Rather:
- Spend another day staring out your window at the grey Ohio weather? OR
- Experience a tropical escape in a lush and toasty glasshouse just miles from home?
A tropical escape sounds great to me after these past few weeks of cold and snow!
Note: Thank you to the Cleveland Botanical Garden for sponsoring this post and providing a complimentary membership to your facilities. As always, thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are 100% my own. For Natty Gal’s full disclosure policy, click here.
Experience Orchids Forever
Orchids are part of one of the largest families of flowering plants on Earth. They can be found on every continent and in most ecosystems including rainforests, grasslands, bogs, and even yards!
At this year’s Orchids Forever show, there will be thousands of orchids on display. While viewing, you’ll gain a true appreciation for the extensive variety of these showy plants.
The theme of the 2022 show is Synergy and Survival. With that in mind, the displays will focus on the relationship between orchids and their pollinators and why this relationship is vital for survival.
“The mystique and elegance of orchids highlights the wonder and beauty found in nature, and experiencing these plants up close showcases the importance of protecting them from increasing threats of climate change.”Jill Koski; President/CEO, Holden Forests & Gardens
Be sure to stop by the garden store before you leave! They will have a variety of orchids (some exotics) available for purchase along with orchid soil, fertilizer, and orchid pots. It’s the perfect new hobby to brighten up the winter months.
Special Events and Classes
Ask the Orchid Doctor. A FREE clinic with virtual and in-person
sessions. Interact with orchid experts and diagnose problems with your plants. Select Saturdays throughout the course of the show.
Orchid Photography Workshop. Sunday, February 27, 9 AM – 3 PM. An intimate opportunity to get up close to the plants on exhibit. Includes a brief discussion of photography tips as well as hands-on photography practice.
Orchid Growing & Care for Beginners. A class that simplifies orchid growing via
an orchid grower’s checklist that will lead you to success! Q&A session at the end of the program.
Plated Landscape Dinner. Saturday, March 12, 6 PM. Enjoy a 4-course, wine-paired dinner catered by Spice Catering. The menu is inspired by the orchids’ growing regions and you’ll dine surrounded by botanical beauty. Fee and registration required.
Check holdenfg.org for updates!
Orchids Forever Fast Facts
- Runs Saturday, January 29 – Sunday, March 13, 2022.
- Hours are Tuesday-Friday 10 AM – 5 PM, Saturdays 10 AM – 8 PM, and Sundays Noon – 5 PM. Closed Mondays.
- Admission is $16 per adult, $12 per child 3 to 12 and FREE for Holden Forests & Gardens members.
- Tickets can be purchased online. Advance reservations are strongly recommended as capacity is limited.
- Face masks and social distancing are required.
- The Botanical Garden is located at 11030 East Blvd. in Cleveland, OH.
Thanks so much for your likes, shares and follows! Until next time,