Have you seen those ads for AmazingCo pop up on your social media feed? Well, I have and recently decided to try out one of their Mystery Picnics. It made for a fun Saturday daytime date and would be a fantastic option for discovering unique local neighborhoods while on a city vacation.
Our AmazingCo Mystery Picnic Experience
AmazingCo currently offers two mystery picnic options in the Cleveland area with more on the way soon. Our choices were University Circle or the Cuyahoga Valley. We opted for the University Circle Experience this time around.
Signing up online was easy. I received an immediate email confirmation and then got full details on our experience 2-3 days prior to our scheduled picnic date. The detailed email includes a link to the clues that you will use to make your way from one destination to the next.
As we were already quite familiar with the area, our first clue was easy for us to solve! So off we were off to Corbo’s bakery to pick up the first of our picnic provisions. No worries if you get stuck on a clue, if you click the reveal button, it will tell you both where to go and what you can expect to pick up while you’re there.
As you continue to work your way through the clues, AmazingCo suggests side points of interest for you to explore along with fun facts about the area. We lucked out with an absolutely spectacular day for our picnic! It was fun discovering a couple of great new establishments while also visiting some old favorites.
In under an hour or so, we were off to our final destination, the picnic spot, with the bounty of food we collected on our route! We nibbled what we could and took the rest as leftovers. Some favorites were the cheese/meat board, the lemony hummus, a zesty pasta salad, and, of course, the cannoli!
In conclusion, the mystery picnic made for a fun and different daytime date – something we don’t take advantage of often enough. It could be a fun first-date idea as it’s interactive and gives new couples plenty to talk about. AmazingCo even provides some conversation starters as part of their clue/exploration guide.
As I mentioned above, it would also be a really fun city vacation activity, particularly if visiting a city that you’ve been to a few times before. Typically on initial visits, you exhaust the major tourist sights and this would be a distinctive yet guided way to explore some smaller, quirkier neighborhoods.
AmazingCo Fast Facts
- Mystery Picnics generally start between 11 AM – 1 PM. Plan to spend 2-4 hours depending upon how much side exploring you decide to do.
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free options are available and food allergies can be accomodated.
- Your outing is entirely pre-planned and pre-paid. Just show up, tell the vendor your name and that you are on an AmazingCo picnic and pick up your food.
- Due to COVID concerns, plan to bring your own cooler, plates, glasses, eating utensils, etc.
- Mystery Picnics run rain or shine. If you don’t want to risk a rainy day, keep your eye on the weather. You can cancel or reschedule within 3 full business days of your scheduled event.
- AmazingCo offers more than just picnics! Check out their mystery food walks, staycation stays, insta-worthy adventures, at-home dates and more.
- Experiences are available in the US, Canada, UK and Australia.
Until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish, and satisfying life!