Shopping small is more important than ever this year! Today I’m sharing my top finds for Small Business Saturday for 2020. Some are local to Cleveland, others are not but I believe all have online shopping options that you can use no matter where you are based.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. What that means is, if you click a link and purchase an item, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For full disclosure policy, click here.
Fashion & Accessories
- THD Shoppe. Fellow Cleveland blogger Stella Compiseno launched her fabulous online boutique this year with a highly curated selection for the urban/edgy girls in your life!
- KaraMac Shoes. You may remember this vendor from last year’s SBS list. All of her shoes and boots have interchangeable heels and a fun assortment of adornment “candy” so that you can create countless looks from one single pair!
- Maplewood Boutique. This mobile and online boutique features budget friendly clothes and accessories. I’m especially partial to their wide array of “dog-mom” offerings!
- Closet Symphony. I came across Closet Symphony on Instagram this year and was taken with their great mix of cozy, casual sweaters and leggings. Plus sizes available as well.
- J. Hilburn is a great choice for spoiling the man in your life. Melissa Bilsky is local to Cleveland but there are J. Hilburn stylists to be found nationwide. Read about Natty Guy’s custom-fitted menswear experience here.
- Bombay Taxi Boutique, owned by local blogger Shibani Faehnle, has fabulous bling including one-of-a-kind creations!
- Allie M Designs is another Instagram find. She’s got an appealing blend of clothing, accessories, and home goods, all shoppable online. Especially love her fun, sloganed glassware!
For the Foodie
- Tiki Underground. We can all use an escape now, am I right? Well, a rum cake, tiki mug, and some to-go craft cocktails might just be the next best thing. Virtually transport someone you love to the South Pacific this Christmas!
- CookinGenie. Give someone the luxury of a freshly prepared, home-cooked meal right in their own home! You can read all about the experience in this post. Surely an original and much-appreciated gift! ⬇
Special for Natty Gal readers! Use this link for 10% off at CookinGenie. Offer valid month of December. Minimum order $50. Not valid on gift cards.
- I learned about Cleveland Masala via the owner of CookinGenie. This company offers virtual ayurvedic cooking classes. Experiences always make for original and memorable gifts!
- Let’s hear it again for Instagram as the source that turned me on to Zuzu Chocolates! They have spectacular edible creations and a portion of all proceeds goes to the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Wine Down & Sweets Cafe is another favorite from last year’s list! They’ve got some great gift baskets or just pick up a favorite bottle or two and pair with some sweet or savory add-ons.
Home Decor & Miscellaneous
- The Chic(ish) Chic. I met the owner of The Chic(ish) Chic at a conference earlier this year and was just amazed by her fantastic cheese boards and place settings. At her online shop, you can find a book on how to make the perfect cheeseboard, mini cheese boards for individual place settings, and more!
- Pillow Queen Designs offers super cute plate bands for chargers. A simple way to make your place settings pop! Found her through a link from The Chic(ish) Chis above!
- I came across Room Service Boutique at a local blogger event back in February! With two NE Ohio locations as well as their online shop, they offer fantastically original and stylish options for the home as well as a few clothing items.
- Double Rainbow was another stop on the blogger event referenced above. It’s the most fantastic baby/kidswear shop I’ve encountered since working in the now-defunct but fabulous Mom & Me in Brecksville many moons ago!
- Soothe a stressed-out someone with a gift package from Green Compass CBD. The holiday gift set of peppermint lotion and foot scrub along with 2 bath bombs sounds lovely to me! Contact Laura directly to get this special package for just $48 (regularly $60).
- Akron Glass Works has a lovely selection of both every day and holiday-themed, hand-made glass pieces that make for lovely gifts!
- Cleveland Candle Company has an intoxicating array of candles, soaps, and bath bombs. Shop a la carte or check out their boxed sets for a ready-to-go gift!
- asoomartshop is another Instagram find and the place to go for unique handpainted gifts. Some of her most popular items include hairbrushes, phone cases, and airpod cases.
Please do what you can to Shop Small, Shop Local! These hardworking business owners have had an incredibly difficult year and every little bit helps them support their families and stay afloat.
For those items you just have to get through a large retailer, I’d love it if you were to use one of my affiliate links (see list of popular retailers in my right sidebar). From the bottom of my heart, I so deeply appreciate each purchase and it really does help to defray some of the costs associated with running this blog.
Until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish and satisfying life!