I recently had the chance to try out a fantastic service called Winc. It combines two of my most favorite things ever: wine and subscription boxes! Who doesn’t love getting a fun surprise each month or quarter? And if it contains something for happy hour – all the better!
Note: Thank you to Winc for sponsoring this post by providing a complementary wine shipment. As always, thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are 100% my own. For Natty Gal’s full disclosure policy, click here.
How Winc Wine Subscription Works
- Create your account! You can use this link to get a special offer from Natty Gal – $22 off your first order and $0 shipping charges!
- Complete your profile. Winc will ask you six questions that will help them identify flavor profiles that you’ll enjoy. Then they’ll suggest four wines for you.
- Check out the wines that Winc suggests! All come with detailed flavor descriptions as well as ratings from other Winc users.
- Order the wine they recommend for you OR swap out a bottle or two and then place your order. NOTE: We received our order in less than five days.
- Enjoy your wine and be sure to write a review after you’ve tasted it. Reviews help Winc better identify the types of wines that you enjoy most.
- Start looking forward to next month’s delivery!
Having personally selected, taste-tested wines delivered right to your home is SO convenient. It’s a great gift idea as well!
My Winc Experience
It took all of five minutes to sign up, complete the profile and get our first recommendations from Winc. The initial list they came up with impressed us!
As the weather is getting cooler here, we opted for mostly reds in our mix. The Portuguese blend seemed right up our alley as did the Zin. We exchanged the Merlot for the Matchlock Cabernet as it got great reviews and is listed as a member favorite. I wanted to try one white as well and, at first glance, the Alma Libre Sauvignon Blanc seems to hit my preference for crisper and drier whites.
We opened the Scarlet Smack Zinfandel this weekend and it was both a good match for our taste preferences and true to it’s online description of full-bodied with notes of leather, red cherry, and rhubarb. Now we’re eager to get into the rest of our bottles!
More About Winc
Founded in 2012, Winc is a California based winery. They source grapes from around the world focusing on close relationships with independent growers and winemakers. Their small batch approach allows them to create wines with unique and distinct character.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I always appreciate your support, sharing likes and follows. Until next time,