Think having a personal chef is only for the rich and famous? Well, think again. There’s a new company in town (NE Ohio) called CookinGenie that offers freshly prepared, homemade meals cooked by a chef in your own home! UPDATE 10/5/20: CookinGenie is expanding! Look for them soon in Columbus and Cincinnati.
Note: Thank you to CookinGenie for sponsoring this post by providing complementary services. As always, thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are 100% my own. For Natty Gal’s full disclosure policy, click here.
I had the chance to try the CookinGenie service a few weeks ago and, wow, was it a treat! We selected an Indian meal of butter chicken and basmati rice and we’re delighted to discover that one of the co-founders of the company, Sabah, would be our genie/chef.
She shared that in her native country of India, it is quite common to have someone prepare meals for the family each day. Noticing how thinly stretched people in her network were, as well as their lack of home-prepared meals, gave her the inspiration to launch CookinGenie.
When I expressed an interest in wanting to learn more about cooking Indian food successfully at home, Sabah shared a few secrets with me.
In under two hours, Sabah had prepared and plated a fantastically flavorful and nutritious home-cooked meal for us and had left the kitchen and my cooking equipment looking better than when she’d arrived!
Later this week, we’ll be using CookinGenie for the second time. Jared is coming to whip up some Pad Thai, another household favorite that we don’t tend to make for ourselves!
🡾 $100 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY 🡿
Head over to Instagram to enter!
CookinGenie is headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, and serves a large part of Northeast Ohio. The staff of genies offers a wide range of cuisine, from the exotic locales of India, Thai, and Peru to more familiar dishes like those from the US, Italy, and Mexico. There are plenty of vegetarian/vegan meals on the menu, as well.
It’s a fantastic service for:
- the over-worked that would like to spend more time with their families without resorting to fast-food dinners;
- the non-cooking or busy couple looking for a nutritious, home-cooked meal (with leftovers!);
- entertaining and having friends over – you don’t have to do it all! Make some apps or a dessert and let CookinGenie take away the stress of preparing the main meal.
Check out some of the amazing dishes you could be enjoying THIS WEEK! NOTE: All photos in the slideshow below our courtesy of CookinGenie.
How CookinGenie Works
- Select your dish/dishes online at CookinGenie. Dishes are available in increments of 4 or 8 servings and range in price roughly from $5-25 per portion, depending on the ingredients and extensiveness of preparation.
- Schedule the date and time you’d like your meals prepared. A typical preparation window is about 2 hours and times slots are available throughout the day and evening. Text updates will let you know when you’re genie is on their weay.
- Your genie will arrive at the chosen time slot with all ingredients needed and get to work preparing your meal with your cooking equipment and serving pieces.
- Your genie will clean everything up, leaving your kitchen looking just as it did when they arrived!
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious meal whenever you are ready.
Meet a few of the genies on staff! NOTE: All photos in the gallery below our courtesy of CookinGenie.
CookinGenie follows all CDC and FDA guidelines. Genies undertake a health survey and temperature check prior to leaving for a client’s home. While in a client’s home, all genies wear masks and are mindful of social distancing guidelines. For full details on their policy, read this.
Be sure to follow CookinGenie on Instagram and Facebook for all their latest news, specials, and updates!
Thanks so much for your likes, shares and follows! Until next time,