Like everything this year, the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale has some big changes afoot. Wondering again why it’s such a big deal? Well, it’s because THIS sale features new arrivals from top brands, NOT clearance or end-of-season merchandise. I’ve vetted out the best of the best for you and will be sharing some top looks as well as all the updates you need to be aware of pertaining to this years’ sale.
The sale is more focused this year with special emphasis on the categories of loungewear, sleep, and casual wear. A majority of the items shown here are also available in plus sizes. While today’s post focuses on styles for women, be sure to check out my LIKEtoKNOWit page for some of the best bets for Men, Children, Home, Beauty, and the Designer Shop! I’ll be adding looks throughout the week.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. What that means is, if you click a link and purchase an item, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For full disclosure policy, click here.
New for 2020
The most notable change for 2020 is that you can now preview the sale AND wish list sale items so that when it’s your turn to shop, you can easily check out with the items you’ve wish-listed. The wish list will also help you keep better track of items as they flow in and out of stock throughout the sale.
The second enhancement for 2020 is the Anniversary Sale “Deal of the Day”! From August 19-30, a special item will be highlighted each day at 50% off. The deals go live at 9:30 AM EST or 6:30 AM PST. The beauty department will also be running special deals, focusing on either a specific category (ex., hair tools) or brand each day.
NOTE: For a sneak preview to the daily deals, access subscriber resources using the password sent with each blog post notification. If you are not yet a subscriber, you can sign up HERE and we’ll send you the passcode.
- 24 July: Preview Begins
- 4 August: Icon Access Opens ($15,000+ annual Rewards spend)
- 7 August: Ambassador Access Opens ($5000+ annual Rewards spend)
- 10 August: Influencer Access Opens ($2000+ annual Rewards spend)
- 13 August: Insider Access Opens (Nordstrom cardholders or $500+ annual Rewards spend)
- 19 August: Public Sale Opens
- 30 August: Last Day to Shop – PRICES GO UP 8/31!
2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Best Buys
Some items available during the Anniversary Sale have been popular best sellers each and every year! Among these are the Spanx leather leggings, workout and loungewear from Zella, cozy cardigans by Barefoot Dreams, and famous-maker outerwear. Premium denim and handbags and accessories by designers like Tory Burch, Prada, Gucci, and Burberry also sell out every sale!
Maybe you’ve got your basics covered but would love to find something “wow” to freshen up your wardrobe going in to the new season.
Stumped for outfit ideas? I’ve got a few suggestions below for how you might want to wear some of these pieces! If you don’t need stuff – don’t shop! But if you do, please know that I am so appreciative when someone purchases through my links.
- SIGN UP FOR Nordstrom Rewards. You will earn 1 point for every dollar spent in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club. Points turn in to notes to be used during future shopping trips. 2000 points = $20 note.
- Consider opening a Nordstrom store credit card. You will earn 3 points per dollar at Nordstrom affiliated retailers AND you get EARLY ACCESS to the Anniversary Sale. IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO GET YOUR CARD! Right now, they are running a promo where you can get a $60 bonus note when you make a purchase on the day you are approved for your card.
- If you DO have or sign up for a Nordstrom card and plan on significant shopping, this can be a great time to schedule your Double Points Day(s).
Until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish and satisfying life!