For the first time ever, my birthday falls on a scheduled post day. That’s right…happy birthday to ME! 🎉🎂💐 To celebrate I’m sharing some random nonsense about Natty Gal (aka, me) AND hosting a huge giveaway over on Instagram. Good luck if you enter and enjoy the post!
For a list of all the best birthday freebies out there, be sure you to SUBSCRIBE to the blog! It’s one of many FREE printables available in the subscriber resource library.
Random Nonsense About Natty Gal
- 🤣 In elementary school, I was one of two in my class that was kindly asked to NOT participate in the choir (something every kid did). Apparently our screaming cat wails were disrupting the harmony of the other children. Gotta love the 70’s when adults could just tell you outright that you sucked at something.
- 💗 My maternal grandmother lived with us while I was growing up. Both of my parents worked full-time so she played the role of primary caregiver for most of the school-day stuff. I really loved the opportunity to be so close to her.
- 🤸🏻♀️ I participated in gymnastics as a child at the excellent Kent State for Kids program. It was run by Rudy Bachna who was as an assistant coach for the 1960 Women’s Gymnastics team as well as on the US Olympic Committee for Men’s Gymnastics for 12 years. He was fantastic! While I no longer participated as I got older, I ended up auditing his class throughout my college years at Kent State. So great to reunite and one of my favorite classes!
- ❓ Surprisingly (perhaps), I have a pretty pronounced fear of commitment. It’s a big reason why I’ve worked as a contract employee for virtually my whole life. Ironically, I’ve ended up having several decade-plus working relationships under this arrangement. My family/friends know I don’t like to be pinned down. BUT, when I do commit to something, I’m solid and don’t bail at the last minute.
- 🚘 I’ve got a knack for being able to decipher even the most cryptic of vanity license plates you find out on the road.
So there you have it – the more you know! Tell me something random about YOU in the comments below!