It’s getting close to Halloween! Check out these easy-to-replicate and inexpensive fashion icon inspired Halloween costumes. Fun ideas for any fashion lover!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. What that means is, if you click a link and purchase an item, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For full disclosure policy, click here.
These costumes are comprised of a mixture of wardrobe staples (things you may already have in your closet) and mostly inexpensive add-on’s. They also lend themselves really well to thrift shopping so keep an eye out for items listed under each photo to get the styling right!
- White button down shirt, black suit, black tie, black Wayfarer-style sunglasses
- Fingerless gloves
- Layer on a tonal necklace or pin OR carry a stuffed white cat (his beloved Choupette)
- Hair in a low ponytail, sprayed white
- Black and white paired with bright pink, red, blue, green OR black and bright pink or red combos
- Hello Kitty! items
- Tutu’s, belts and beads, funky sneakers to finish
- Blond hair/hair with bright pink highlights
- Round glasses in black, tortoise or red
- Large colorful necklace and/or bracelets (or wear a boa in lieu of a necklace)
- Outfit in either a bold, colorful pattern or something with a lot of texture (fur, fringe, embroidery)
Shop the Post
- Fingerless gloves – Karl Lagerfeld
- Hello Kitty tees – Betsey Johnson
- Tutu’s – Betsey Johnson
- Round glasses – Iris Apfel
- Boa – Iris Apfel
- Peacock cuffs – Iris Apfel
So now that I’ve got you thinking about costumes, do you plan to dress up for Halloween this year? What type of costume do you typically choose: scary, funny, sexy, etc.? Would love to hear from you in the comments below! Need more inspiration? Check out these posts. Until next time!