We’re just two weeks out from the official start of fall! If you haven’t started familiarizing yourself with the season’s new trends then you’re in luck, because that’s what today’s post is all about!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. What that means is, if you click a link and purchase an item, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. For full disclosure policy, click here.
Several of the tops looks that we’re seeing for F19/W20 make such consistent and regular appearances that I hardly think of them as trends anymore! These include the following:
- Menswear Prints: Houndstooth, plaid, windowpane, herringbone and tweed are all on point.
- Animal Prints: Leopard and snakeskin are two “can’t miss” options in this category! One of my personal faves. ❤️
- Floral Prints: Typically in darker and muted or richer jewel tones for the cooler months.
- Leather: The newest way to wear it is in combo (i.e., shirt and pants or skirt and jacket). As for me, I’ll stick to the more classic feel of one leather piece at time.
Looks that have a bit more of true “trend” feel (IMHO) include things like:
- Capes & Cape Jackets
- Long Coats: Mid calf and lower look newest but you need some height to adequately pull this off.
- Lamé: Disco Divas – your fabric is back! Enjoy.
- Lace: If trends are your jam, try pairing a lace top, dress or skirt with a pair of the combat boots so popular this season for an edgy/punk vibe.
With regard to accessories, keep on the lookout for hairpins, chunky chain necklaces and small handbags.
Trends that are not landing with me at all include the aforementioned combat boots, over-sized puffy headbands and high, elaborately ruffled Victorian-inspired necklines.
F19/W20 Color Report
When it comes to color, we are seeing both jewel tones (so flattering on most people) and rich/warm shades like rust, raisin, berry and almond. When it comes to metallic, gold is strong this F/W but copper penny is extremely fresh! For a less traditional fall tone, pistachio green is a heavily trending color.
What trends do you look most forward to this season? I’d love to hear so that I can feature more of those items on Natty Gal! Send me an email or leave a comment below. Until next time…