It’s been a long time since we had a little get to know you session! And since we just passed the one year anniversary of my Natty Gal rebranding, I thought it could be a good time to share some random fun facts.
- My Enneagram is Type 5 / 5w4. I just recently learned about Enneagram typing and feel my result is pretty accurate. The descriptions here are very brief overviews, for a more in-depth look at Type 5, read this.
- My Myers-Briggs type is ISFP. Results are from many years ago but I still feel it’s pretty accurate, especially the introvert and perceiver categories.
- I scored average in all areas of my Strong Inventory except for Enterprising, where I scored moderately high. Results also from many years ago and I’m not sure how they’d hold up if I retook this today. Fun fact: I also scored Very High in Domestic Arts. In the era of women’s rights, how embarrassing is that?
- Was the last thing you read digitally or in print? Digital/Kindle – I just finished What You Did. Really enjoyed it. Find me on GoodReads if you like!
- What’s your “Death Row Meal”? Lots of tastes of all my favorites. Pizza. Real shrimp and grits. Mitchell’s S’mores ice cream. A perfectly ripe fresh peach. A cheeseburger. Bar mix with sesame sticks and cheddar crackers in it. The cheese board at L’Albatros. Bacon. Salted caramel with dark chocolate. A PB ball from high school. Am sure I can think of more.
- In the summer, would you rather sleep with the window open or blast the AC? AC – have seasonal allergies and think outdoor noises would keep me up if the windows were open.
- Do you sleep with a top sheet? Why or why not? Yes. I’m not really sure why, just always have. Sometimes just the top sheet if it’s warm in the room.
- How do you take your coffee? With a light-moderate amount of cream. But can drink it black if I have to.
- What was it like growing up as an only child? I enjoyed it as I didn’t know any different! At home I had friends in the neighborhood and at school and on vacation, while introverted, I was pretty friendly and always managed to meet people wherever we were. Some of those I kept in “pen-pal” contact with for many years!
- What’s the best gift you ever received? My miniature French poodle Taffy that I got for Christmas when I was 10. A total surprise that went on to be one of my best companions for almost 20 years!
- What are you most proud of in the last year? That I’ve had a year of continually progressive month-over-month blog growth!
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money? Honestly, this is so boring, but I don’t think I’d do much different than what I do today. I like options and, to me, money means options. But I wouldn’t feel guilty about any little indulgences!
- Do you believe in second chances? Yes, people make mistakes, people can change. However, there is a limit to how many “second chances” people can get.
- Are you an organ donor? I was not until my husband donated a kidney and then I realized how important it was to other people and changed my driver’s license (around 2009).
- Where do you get your news? I usually watch the NBC nightly national news and BBC. Also get news from a variety of international agencies on my Twitter feed.
- What, if anything, do you think happens after death? I’d really love to believe there is an afterlife where you can see loved ones (including pets) again. I won’t rule it out. But the older I get, the more I’m inclined to think you just cease. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
- What’s on your bucket list? Lots of travel destinations and I’d like to ride a mechanical bull. Getting a bit long in the tooth for that and am wishing I would have thought of it back in my 20’s!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Probably Italy or the Provence region of France.
- If you see a puddle on the ground, do you walk around it or over it? Mostly around unless it’s small enough for me to step over cleanly.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? This totally falls in to the category of be careful what you wish for, but it would be to read minds/know what people are really thinking as opposed to what they say.
- Have you ever met anyone famous? I met Michael Stanley (only NEO people will know who this is) at Beachwood Place as a teen. I met Robert Plant at Country Kitchen in Broadview Heights after a Honeydrippers concert at the Coliseum but people think I’m lying about this and I’m no longer in contact with my other friend/witness from that night. But he’s super distinctive looking and it was him. I met Brian Austin Green (catch him on the new BH 90210) at Senor Frog’s in Independence back when it was there. I was on flights with both Sherman Hemsley and Dog the Bounty Hunter. And I saw Tory Spelling while she was filming Deadly Pursuits in Charleston, SC although did not actually speak to her in any way.
- Do you trust your own memory? Why or why not? No. I have a pretty poor memory overall. There are some images/memories that stand out very vibrantly and I feel confident of those but there’s a lot that I feel gets lost in my head somewhere.
- What’s your earliest memory? Getting sick in our car on the ferry over to the Outer Banks. Would have to ask my mom but think I was two. Remember the dark blue seats and crying because I felt sick.
- What, if anything, would make you walk out in the middle of a movie? Boredom. I walked out of Groundhog Day. Just couldn’t take it. And I believe one other movie but I can’t recall now what it was.
- What’s the silliest argument you’ve ever been in? In high school I had a silly argument with some friends regarding how a horse runs – the two front legs moving in unison at the same time? Or do the right front/left back move together and vice versa?
Did you learn anything unexpected? Tell me something about you!
Until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish and satisfying life!