Peanut butter and chocolate. Bread and butter. Peas and carrots. Some things were just designed to be eaten together! At our house, booze and ice cream is another one of those natural pairings.
You and me baby, we’re ice cream and liquor. The first taste’s slow and the second one’s quicker. Thought we’d clash but we hardly ever bicker. You and me baby, we’re ice cream and liquor.The Reckless Electric
This post may contain affiliate links. These links provide a means for sites like NattyGal.com to earn a small commission when a reader clicks through and makes a purchase at no additional cost to the reader. See full affiliate disclosure in Privacy & Disclosures.
If you were around in the late 1970’s to early 1980’s you may remember (as I do) your mom or grandma pouring some Creme de Menthe liqueur over ice cream as a “fancy” dessert for the adults. Well combining liqueurs with ice cream is still one of my favorites today!
Keeping in with last month’s theme, summer entertaining should be quick, easy and low-stress. A simple dessert like ice cream accomplishes that, while adult-beverage drizzles and quality toppings keep things chic and festive! I recommend using 2 tablespoons of liqueur (1 ounce) over 2 generous scoops of ice cream before finishing off with a topping.
The Five Best Booze & Ice Cream Combos Ever!
- Vanilla with Romana Sambuca and chocolate covered espresso beans. Sambuca has an anise flavor and is traditionally served neat with three espresso beans as a drink. This adaptation is my personal favorite of the booze-cream combos! Try Romana Sambuca Black, as well if you can find it. Slightly thicker/sweeter than the white version.
- Chocolate with Frangelico and toasted, chopped hazelnuts. Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur. Pairing it with chocolate ice cream makes for a Nutella inspired dessert.
- Vanilla with Chambord and fresh raspberries. Chambord is raspberry flavored and this combo is probably my second favorite. Light and fresh on an especially hot day!
- Chocolate with Kahlua and dark chocolate shavings. Kahlua is a Mexican coffee-based liqueur. If your go-to order at Starbuck’s is a mocha, be sure try this similar dessert.
- Vanilla with Bailey’s Irish Cream and spiced pecans. The whisky and cream combo of Bailey’s has almost a light toffee or butterscotch taste when poured over ice cream. Cinnamon spiced pecans pair super-well as a topping.
So you have a favorite boozy ice cream combo? Let me know in the comments. And hey, have you checked out the updated subscriber resource vault? We’ve got all new printables including a comprehensive checklist of core closet essentials, ready-to-frame motivational quotes to keep you working towards your best life and three different travel trackers so you can log each new destination you conquer. Sign up HERE and start getting your FREE stuff today!
4 thoughts on “The Five Best Booze & Ice Cream Combos Ever!”
Yum yum and yum. All of these sound great . This post is right up my alley.😆☺️
Haha! Great minds think alike, right!?! Thanks for stopping by!
I love Baileys and Kahlua, but I’ve only had them with coffee. Ice cream sounds even better, especially during the summer. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked the ideas! And agree with the coffee combos, our winter post-dinner go-to!