Earlier this month I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a media night for Play: CLE in Avon, OH. As a devout American Ninja Warrior fan, there was no way I could pass up the opportunity for this unique workout. The management team was gracious enough to allow us to bring some friends/family with us so I rounded up two of my more adventurous friends and we got fully out of our comfort zones!
Play: CLE is the largest indoor adventure park in the nation and….guess what? It’s located right here in Cleveland, Ohio! They feature a zip line, multiple climbing walls, a bouldering wall, multiple ropes courses, a Parkour course, Ninja Warrior course and more. This fantastic venue is the perfect spot for:
- corporate team building
- group events
- birthday parties (and don’t worry mama/papa – Play:CLE has your back with a full bar on site!)
- individual visits for when you want a new challenge or unique workout!
Our Play: CLE Experience: A Unique Workout
While I was most excited to try some of the Ninja course obstacles, we started our visit by testing out the ropes course. Play: CLE offers 30 different obstacle elements at various challenge levels so there is truly something for every comfort level.
Next we took a run at the zip line! With fantastic views over the gym, it’s a great place to get your feet wet before trying an outdoor zip course.
Our third adventure was a bit of bouldering/rock climbing. We planned to visit this area while we still had our harnesses on as the Parkour and Ninja courses don’t require them. While they also have more traditional rock walls, how cool is this Rubik’s Cube inspired climb?
We were getting pretty tired but REALLY wanted to try some Ninja stuff before we left! The obstacles chosen: A jumping spider obstacle and the warped wall. Both were pretty difficult. I couldn’t quite manage to get the spider-hold down but was excited that during one run at the warped wall I DID make hand contact with the upper ledge. Pulling myself up on the platform? Not quite at that level yet.
Rest and Replenish
After the Ninja experiences, we were both parched and hungry. A cocktail was in order! We stopped for a drink or two and the incredible food service staff brought out some pizzas, hummus and chicken tenders for us to sample. All were delicious – especially the chicken tenders which we agreed were some of the best we’d ever had. Much appreciated after our fun workout!
In total, we spent a little under three hours at the facility and there were several attractions we never got to. We all agreed that venues like these are fantastic for breaking out of those dreaded workout ruts that we all seem to encounter from time to time.
Play: CLE Good to Know
Play: CLE is located at 38525 Chester Road in Avon, OH and they can be reached at 440-695-3565. A second location is being considered for Worthington, Ohio, a suburb of the Columbus area.
They are open:
- M: 11 AM – 9 PM
- T – H: 11 AM – 11 PM
- F/S: 11 AM – 11 PM
- Su: 11 AM – 8 PM
Prices range from:
- Under 18 and 65+ – $20-35 based on length of visit
- Adult – $25-45 based on length of visit
- Family (2 adult, 2 child) – $80-135 based on length of visit
Annual memberships are $35/50 per month (child/adult) and include great additional perks. If you live on the west side, check the website for various community nights that offer local residents 50% off full admission.
The Fine Print
- Guests must sign a waiver before they can participate in any activity. You can fill the waiver out prior to your visit here.
- All guests wishing to play must wear closed-toe athletic shoes. I also recommend wearing comfortable active wear and minimal jewelry.
- Changing spaces and lockers are available.
- Attractions are for visitors age 7 and up. Guests under 7 will be able to participate in our kids’ area activities. To participate in the ropes course, guests must have a minimum reach of 5’6″ flat-footed and with hands above the head. Guests must weigh at least 60 pounds for the zip line. Guests over 275 pounds will not be able to participate in the zip line, ropes course or some climbing walls.
- The gym also offers a number of fitness classes from JumpFit, wearing Kangaroo Jump Boots to Ninja training. See more info here.
Click this link for more health/fitness related posts and, until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish and satisfying life!
One thought on “Unleash Your Inner Ninja at Play: CLE”
That looks fun especially the zip line. I don’t think I could have done running at the wall and climbing up but kudos toyou almost making it!