Today we’re talking menswear with a J. Hilburn review!
Natty Guy and I celebrated an anniversary in late September and I was looking for a unique gift idea. He’d just done a big closet purge and was in need of some new shirts for fall but always has trouble finding a perfect fit in the shoulders and sleeve length.
My friend, Melissa Bilsky to the rescue! Melissa is an Independent Personal Stylist with J.Hilburn Men’s Clothier and I decided to surprise Natty Guy with an appointment and a couple of shirts.
This post may contain affiliate links. These links provide a means for sites like NattyGal.com to earn small commission when a reader clicks through and makes a purchase at no additional cost to the reader. See full affiliate disclosure in Privacy & Disclosures.
About J. Hilburn
Founded in 2007, J. Hilburn offers clients the opportunity to build a custom-fitted wardrobe without unnecessary markups. The offer a full product assortment to outfit men for any occasion – outerwear, casual and formal wear, ties and belts.
Their team of highly trained stylists work with their clients to guarantee a fantastic fit and help them build a versatile and complementary wardrobe. The production team partners with world-renowned mills and factories that boast only the highest quality fabrics. And in most instances, they can provide your custom-tailored pieces in 4 weeks or less!
The J. Hilburn Process
1. Your stylist will contact you with a questionnaire to determine your needs, typical sizes, and color/pattern preferences.
2. At your appointment, your stylist will take careful measurements to establish your perfect fit. J. Hilburn even accounts for the little things, like a bit of extra room at the cuff on one wrist if you wear a watch regularly!
3. Next you are ready to shop! Review the incredible fabrics, have fun choosing your collar, cuff style and more. Perhaps add your own flair by adding a decorative button with a contrasting thread. The options for customization are just incredible and guarantee that you won’t see yourself coming and going the next time you’re out at dinner.
4. At your initial consultation, you are encouraged to order just a single item of any given type of garment (woven shirt, knit shirt, jacket, trouser, etc.) so that your fit can be perfected. Your initial order will be sent to your stylist and you will then have a follow-up fitting. Melissa did a great measure and Gavin’s fit was perfect on the first try!
5. Once you perfect your fit, your stylist will set you up with an online account and you can order at any time. Future orders will be shipped directly to you. Your online account also tracks all purchases and lets both you and your stylist “star” looks or pieces that may be of particular future interest.
Try J. Hilburn
For those of you in Northeast Ohio, I highly recommend using Melissa as your stylist. Melissa is offering a special $20 discount to new clients who spend $100 or more and mention seeing this post on Natty Gal. Those located in other parts of the country can find a local stylist here.
A custom piece or two could make a thoughtful and unique gift idea for your father, husband, brother or son. It’s also great for corporate gifting or as an employee incentive reward!
Until next time…keep cultivating a simple, stylish and satisfying life!