It’s underway, friends! That’s right…#NSale (The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale) has started for Nordstrom Card holders and will open to the public on Friday, July 20th.
As I mentioned on Tuesday, my general wardrobe philosophy is an adapted capsule approach. I’ve focused on building a strong core closet with classic essentials and then spice things up by adding layers, color, prints, patterns and accessories. This week I’m sharing my top 10 #NSale catalog picks for core closet essentials and for adding flair.
Top 10 Picks for Core Closet Essentials
The pieces below are all items you will wear for years in classic cuts and colors. After each item in the link list below, you will see the regular price, sale price and event savings. Shop smart and buy at a discount BEFORE you need!
- Madewell Ryder Cardigan (98/65/33) – A SELLOUT LAST YEAR!
- Caslon Rounded V-neck Tee (25/18/7)
- Frame Le High Slit Hem Skinny Jeans (215/144/71)
- Kate Spade One in a Million Initial Necklace (48/32/16)
- Badgley Miscka Wrap Coat (349/230/119)
- Leith Midi Dress (65/43/22)
- Vince Darlington Flat (295/190/105)
- Halogen stretch crepe pants (89/59/30)
- Kate Spade Lora Hobo (328/219/109)
- Aquitalia Carie Boot (450/300/150) – I’ve owned Aquitalia boots for years. They are pricey but worth it because they are WATERPROOF!
Top 10 Picks for Adding Flair
In alignment with my general philosophy, I tried to keep these items to a lower overall price range. Much smarter to allocate wardrobe dollars to the daily workhorses than to spend a ton on items that will be quickly dated.
- BP mock neck color block sweater (49/32/17)
- Topshop Jumpsuit (130/80/50) – Wear now with sandals or slides and take into fall by pair with tall black boots and a jacket.
- Avec Les Filles Plaid Biker Jacket (259/170/89)
- Louise et Cie Cela Bow Slide (130/85/45) – I can’t resist a leopard print. Adds flair and a classic – 2 for 1!
- ASTR Midi Dress (79/53/26) – Again, lots of wear now/wear later potential.
- SPANX camo faux leather leggings (110/73/37)
- J. Crew Cluster Drop Earrings (58/38/20)
- Nordstrom Print Long Silk Kimono (149/99/50)
- Halogen Scallop Trim Sweater (59/39/20) – Several bold color choices!
- Halogen Tweed Midi Skirt (59/39/20)
At the Store
Eager to get in on the deals yesterday, I ran out to our local Nordstrom store but got a later start than I had hoped. That led to my size being out of stock in many items. Below are a few dressing room shots of things I liked and things to note.
Thought the print on this Vince Camuto blouse was pretty and that it would transition well summer to fall.
Love, love, love these Caslon camo utility pants! Tried several versions, petite/regular and a variety of sizes. They run big – I need to go down about 3 sizes from my “standard”. Did not have what I need in stock so am ordering online. Am a bit on the fence as to whether to go petite – a bit more cropped (shown) or regular, full length on me.
Also really like this Treasure & Bond jacket. The fabric is a heavy knit (no wrinkles) and it’s a super classic cut. It’s also an item I’m due to replace in my wardrobe. This one is a medium and it is HUGE on me but was the smallest they had in stock. Am going to order smaller and see how it does.
Be sure to check my special #NSale shop frequently this week as I’ll be adding multiple curated collections – think the Best of Designer Denim, Fall Shoes, Back to School, Athleisure looks and more. Happy shopping!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.