OK readers, Get Ready for #NSale! Your feeds are about to blow up for the next two weeks as every fashion blogger in the US shows us his/her best version of #NSale picks.
What is #NSale and Why is Everyone Freaking Out About It?
It’s a once yearly sale where Nordstrom releases NEW fall merchandise at deeply discounted prices. Lots of basics and staples go on sale too. Often times goods that are rarely discounted (think top outdoor brands, jewelry brands, etc.) are included.
My general wardrobe philosophy is somewhat of an adapted capsule wardrobe approach. The BEST and most WEARABLE closets are based on having a strong core with classic essentials and then spicing things up by using layers, colors, prints, patterns and accessories. So how to work this approach during #NSale? Shop smart. Look for:
Quality Core Closet Pieces
- High-end denim
- Classic trousers
- Handbags/Leather Goods
- Can be any of the pieces above in an outfit making print, color or texture!
- Beauty Items
- Home Goods
Natty Gals plan ahead. Only 168 days until Christmas! #sorry #dontshootthemessenger
What You Need to Do to Get Ready for #NSale
- SIGN UP FOR Nordstrom Rewards. You will earn 1 point for every dollar spent in stores or online at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack or HauteLook. Points turn in to notes to be used during future shopping trips. 2000 points = $20 note.
- Consider opening a Nordstrom store credit card. You will earn 2 points per dollar at Nordstrom affiliated retailers AND you get EARLY ACCESS to the Anniversary Sale. IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO GET YOUR CARD! Right now, they are running a promo where you can get a $40 bonus note when you make a purchase on the day you are approved for your card.
- Mark your calendar with the dates below:
- If you DO have or sign up for a Nordstrom card and plan on significant shopping, this can be a great time to schedule your Triple Points Day(s).
- Shop as early as you can and as smart as you can. Plan ahead. What fall items will you/your family be needing going into fall? Jeans, outerwear, a fall tote? Don’t forget that besides clothing, home goods and beauty items will also be on sale. You can shop: in store, online, online with in-store try on or online with curbside pick-up.
- Order multiples. If you are unsure of the fit of an item or are debating between multiple colors, order both! Shipping and returns are free and the best deals go quickly. Don’t miss out because you chose the wrong size.
- Subscribe to my posts and Follow Me on Instagram! I’ll be posting an Instagram story on Thursday from our local Nordstrom store and will have a summary of some of the best catalog items on Friday. You won’t want to miss out!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.