In mid-April I joined a local blogging group called the Lady Bloggers of Cleveland and one of the first events they posted after my joining was a blogger photo shoot. Those who know me, know I get so nervous to be in front of the camera but this struck me as great opportunity to get some professional pictures and to network with other local bloggers. It was time to stretch my comfort zone so I pulled the trigger and signed up!
The Photo Shoot
Two photographers were available to us at the event and we could sign up for photos with each of them. They were both incredible (and patient) to work with and had two uniquely different styles. Please check out their other creations at the links below!
- Katie Logsdon Creative on Facebook and Instagram
- Spencer Photography on the web, Facebook and Instagram
Keeping with the “vintage” theme, I decided to wear a delicate eyelet dress in white. Outfit details and similar items on my Shop page.
As I’m a huge klutz and was afraid of spilling on my dress, I also brought jeans and a tee as a backup outfit and took a few shots wearing that as well. Ha…I should have brushed my hair again after the outfit change!
Borrow Vintage and Ecclectic Rentals served as the amazing space for our photo shoot! Located in Cleveland, this company specializes in renting vintage furniture and accessories. Perfect if you need something to help create a mood for either a personal (think wedding) or corporate event. Borrow Vintage also rents their space for private affairs and photo events like this one.
One of the most fantastic things about this event was getting to meet other local bloggers. It can be intimidating to walk into a new group, especially when many others in attendance already know each other, but I really didn’t have much to fear in this crowd. While I wasn’t able to speak to everyone at the event, I had great and lengthy conversations with those I did meet. And left feeling truly inspired and invigorated by this strong, successful and motivated group of women!
A special thank you shout-out to Brittney Moffatt of According to Brittney for coordinating everything and to Ann LoParo of Annie’s Signature Sweets for providing us with decadent treats. Be sure to check out the other amazing bloggers that were in attendance, all listed below.
- Nic Abraham – A Random’s Life
- Amanda Blakeman – Blissful Gal
- Zoe Brown – Gone Girl Go
- Stella Compiseno – The Heart’s Delight
- Stephanie Delacy – Minimum Viable Adult
- Shibani Faehnle – Bombay Taxi Boutique
- Jill Grunenwald – The Year of the Phoenix
- Alicia Hansen – Alicia M Hansen
- Kate Kaput – Greatest Escapist
- Jennah Lear – Blue Loui Studio
- Katie Logsdon – Kasually Katie
- Rachel Loza – It’s a Hero
- Brittney Moffatt – According to Brittney
- Karen Morse – Glam Karen
- Alyssa Reichert – Bite Size Better
- Misty Shaheen – Misty Shaheen
- Leah Wilson – Last Minute Leah
TFF (Thursday Fashion Files) Link Party!
So thrilled to be co-hosting today’s TFF link party with Carrie of Curly Crafty Mom! We’d love to have you join us!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.