Last week my good friend and one-time guest poster, Christina celebrated a birthday! She shared a slew of fun photos on Instagram of all the freebies she was receiving and I thought it would be a fantastic idea for a post. We got together to review some of her favorites and did a little bit of extra research to come up with the Ultimate Girly Girl’s Guide to Birthday Freebies!
Birthday Freebies Need to Know:
- If you are worried about too much junk mail, you may want to create a new gmail or yahoo account exclusively for these offers.
- Sign up in advance. Often times you must be registered a month or more prior to your birthday so get on it! As an added bonus, many companies also offer an incentive at sign-up so you’ll get a little something to tide you over until the big day.
- Fill out your complete profile at sign-up or once your email is confirmed. If you don’t add your birthday, they can’t send you an offer.
- Not all companies send an email about your offer. Some just add it as an option to your account during your birthday month so be sure to check in at that time.
- Offers are updated continually and may be different from what is represented here.
Birthday Freebies for Retail Therapy
My top picks are the Kendra Scott, Tory Burch and Sunglass Hut offers – all pretty sizable discounts and worth signing up for! Tip: Store credit card holders often receive exclusive or additional birthday discounts.
- Aerie/American Eagle – 15% off birthday coupon
- Anthropologie – 15% off birthday coupon
- Bauble Bar – 20% off birthday coupon
- Charming Charlie – birthday surprise
- Container Store – birthday surprise
- Cost Plus World Market – birthday surprise
- DSW – $5 off during your birthday month
- Fab’rik – 20% off entire purchase, need to sign up for emails at your local store; offer may vary at each store’s discretion
- Famous Footwear – $10 off during your birthday month
- Kendra Scott – 50% off one item. In stores only, must show ID and make purchase during the month of your birthday. If you don’t live near a store, you may place a phone order and email your ID to get the discount.
- Lacoste – birthday offer
- Macy’s – birthday surprise; new program effective May 8th for even non-cardholders
- Old Navy – birthday offer
- Shopbop – 10-20% birthday discount depending upon your prior year’s annual spend; $300 minimum to qualify
- Sunglass Hut – birthday discount, recently at $20 off $100 or $50 off $200 coupon
- Tory Burch – birthday discount, recently at $50 coupon
- Vera Bradley – birthday discount, recently at 25% off entire order
Beauty Birthday Freebies
Beauty freebies are a great way to test out new products or to stock up your toiletry and makeup kit for upcoming travel!
- Bare Minerals – free birthday gift
- Benefit – free birthday gift, currently a brow wax at one of their Macy’s beauty bars during your birthday week
- Fresh Beauty (NY/NJ area) – free birthday gift, no purchase required if in store
- L’Occitane – free birthday gift
- MAC Cosmetics – free birthday gift
- NYX – free birthday gift
- Sephora – free birthday gift; 3 options available, one is online only
- SK-II – free birthday gift with purchase
- SmashBox free birthday gift with purchase
- Tarte – free birthday gift
- The Body Shop – $10 credit towards a purchase
- Ulta – free birthday gift, currently a Nars blush
- Urban Decay – free birthday gift, currently a powder highlighter
Edible Birthday Freebies
Because it’s not a party without cake and ice cream, right?
- Baker’s Square – free birthday pie slice
- Baskin Robbins – free birthday scoop
- Caribou Coffee – birthday surprise
- Cinnabon – birthday surprise
- Cold Stone – birthday BOGO offer
- Dairy Queen – birthday coupon
- Gigi’s Cupcakes – free birthday cupcake
- Godiva – free birthday surprise (currently $10 off a purchase – try the birthday flight of chocolate, only $7 after applying the discount)
- Graeter’s (OH, IN, IL KY, PA) – free birthday sundae within 6 days of birthday (no email sent, loaded to rewards card)
- Great American Cookies – birthday surprise
- Jamba Juice – free smoothie or juice on your birthday
- Marble Slab/Molly Moo’s – $5 off coupon
- Mitchell’s Ice Cream (OH only) – birthday surprise
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – free bundtlet
- Panera – free birthday pastry item
- Pinkberry – free birthday yogurt
- Portillo’s (FL, IL, IN, CA) – free piece of cake
- Sprinkles – free cupcake
- Starbuck’s – free birthday treat or beverage plus 15% off
Having too much fun and want even more prizes? Check out your favorite chain restaurants (Brueger’s, Melting Pot, Outback, PF Chang’s) and entertainment venues (AMF bowling, Dave & Busters, movie theaters) for additional birthday freebies and discounts! There are loads of things out there if you just do a bit of research!
Did I miss something fabulous in the retail, beauty or sweet treat categories? Please share it below!
And please spread the love by sending this post to a friend or family member – we all like getting free stuff!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.