Have you ever been invited to a luxury brand in-home trunk show? Well if not, I’m about to take you behind the scenes and fill you in on everything you need to know!
I recently partnered with a local stylist to represent the W by Worth brand in the greater Cleveland area and thought it would be fun to give readers an inside peak at our Fall show. Other popular in-home trunk show luxury brands include Cabi, Carlisle Collection and Doncaster and Worth New York. W by Worth (as well as most of the other brands) is sold directly by stylists via quarterly trunk shows in either the stylist’s own home or the home of a volunteer host. The representatives have each season’s merchandise for about one week. Below is a slide show with some pictures of our recent event – from set-up to tear down!
What to Expect at an In-Home Trunk Show
Whether attending an in-home trunk show on your own or with a small group of friends, you can expect a private and relaxed atmosphere within the hosts home. Tea or wine and light refreshments may be served. You will be encouraged to peruse the displays at your leisure and if an item interests you, your stylist will pull it aside for you to try on.
After looking everything over, you can try your selections on in a private dressing area. Your stylist will assist you with feedback on fit and will offer styling suggestions. If you have decided to purchase something, your stylist will look at the availability/ship date, inform you of same and take payment. An individual typically spends about an hour at the show, a bit longer if with a small group of friends.
Most of all, it’s FUN! Like those by-gone days spent playing dress-up with your besties but with much better merchandise. Go on…try the stuff you’d normally never wear and have fun styling your friends!
Benefits for YOU!
- A private, personal and relaxed experience away from the chaos and overhead lights of the mall.
- Quality products. Fabrics and trims are sourced from the same mills used by the top Italian and French designers. It’s that same quality without the retail markup.
- Attending a show gets you familiar with the company’s sizing. Once you know your sizes in different cuts, you can then place orders through your stylist at any time of the year. A good option if you aren’t able to attend one of the seasonal trunk shows or if your stylist lives some distance away.
- You will be working with a stylist that keeps an ongoing log of your purchases. We encourage you to make us aware of pieces that you already own but aren’t sure how to pair. We will seek our ways to help you develop a much more comprehensive and versatile wardrobe.
- The pieces are classic but unique. People will complement you because your aren’t wearing the mass produced pieces that everyone is accustomed to seeing.
- Once a customer, we’ll occasionally notify you regarding past season and sample merchandise available at deeply, deeply discounted prices.
In-home Trunk Show FAQs
Q. Do you carry all items in all sizes?
A. No, but we do have all sizes represented so you will be able to get a good idea on fit. Your stylist will recommend the correct size for the items you like.
Q. Do I have to go back to my host to pick up any purchases?
A. No, deliveries are made right to your home!
Q. Is this a high-pressure situation?
A. No. Repeat customers come from the quality of the product and the ease and personalization of the shopping experience. Stylists are eager to spread the word regarding their line and getting feedback from a wide range of consumers is essential. We only ask that if you like the line, you to spread the word to friends and family!
W by Worth Winter Collection Sneak Peek
Welcome to the Friendship Friday blog hop!
We are open to all blogging niches and would love to have you join us. The link party runs from 12:01 AM Friday until 11:59 PM Sunday each week.
- Please follow your host NattyGal on at least ONE of the following social outlets (Bloglovin’, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter)
- Link up to 3 of your own posts where it says “Click here to enter” (linkup to your blog post and not your main page).
- If you’d like to display the blog hop on your own site, copy the code that comes up where it says “Get Code Here” and add that to the end of your post in the HTML section.
- Please comment on at least the same number of other bloggers as posts that you link up (i.e., link 1 of your posts, comment on at least 1 other blogger’s post).
- By adding your links, you are stating that you have the proper licensing/rights to the images in your blog posts.
- Enjoy the linkup and meeting some new blogger friends!
NOTE: Blogs that violate the comment policy listed here will be removed.