Happy Thursday, friends! Just one more day until the long weekend. Did I take you by surprise with this unprecedented Thursday post? Well, it’s a special day because I am co-hosting this week’s Thursday Fashion File Link-up with Jill from Doused in Pink and Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom. How exciting!
OOTD Look 1 Using 3 of 5 Key Pieces for Fall
In honor of the Thursday Fashion File theme, I thought I’d post a couple fall OOTD shots highlighting a few recent finds from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. My wardrobe was due for some serious updates and I felt lucky to find five key pieces for fall at this year’s sale.
The jeans are by 7 For All Mankind and I was drawn to the idea that they have a frayed hem but aren’t extremely distressed, overall. I took my usual jean size and the fit is perfect. Love them!
The sweater vest is from Vince Camuto. It has a fun waffle-knit texture and kangaroo front pocket. Available in 4 colors and I thought the grey would be a great mix-and-match piece for transitioning to cooler weather. I saw this piece in real life prior to purchase and thought it ran a bit long so went for the petite version in my usual size.
For this outfit, I paired the sweater with a white button down but can see it with a chambray shirt and black bottom or with a striped or solid tee and some joggers.
I loved the soft French grey color of this Tory Burch bag and it was such a good price at the Anniversary Sale. While not a planned purchase, my light neutral bag needed updating and this fit the bill perfectly!
OOTD Look 1 Using 2 of 5 Key Pieces for Fall
For the second fall look I paired a Halogen leather a-line skirt with a teal short sleeve turtleneck (old, similar here), J. Crew jean jacket and an old pair of Aquatalia riding boots that I still just love and can’t get rid of (similar style here).
The skirt was another piece I saw in real life and it was so soft! I thought the a-line shape would hold up to wearing better than a pencil cut, which I was afraid would stretch out with wear. Combine that with the fact that I had a leftover birthday gift card for just the right amount and I decided to splurge on this piece. For a date night look, I plan to pair this skirt and jacket with a silky print cami and my Kenneth Cole open-toe booties (similar).
5 Key Pieces for Fall
- Jeans. Frayed and step-hems are still on point, as are overall distressed/destroyed versions. Shown above – 7 For All Mankind frayed hem jeans
- A black a-line skirt. Heavy cotton twill, ponte, wool and corduroy are all good choices for fall. Shown above – Halogen leather a-line skirt
- A layering sweater or lightweight vest. Shown above – Vince Camuto waffled sweater vest
- A jean jacket. Shown above – J. Crew jean jacket
- A neutral handbag that coordinates with your fall color palette. Shown above – Tory Burch handbag
Note: This post contains affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.
Welcome to Thursday Fashion Files!
We are always looking for Co-Hosts for Thursday Fashion Files. If you haven’t signed up to Co-Host, but are interested, sign up by clicking HERE.
Visit our Thursday Fashion Files Pinterest board! We will be pinning our top two picks along with our own outfits for that week. Be sure to click HERE to join our Pinterest board!
3. Share the love by visiting and commenting to at least three other blogs in the link up.
4. **By adding your links, you are stating that you have the proper licensing/rights to the images in your blog posts.**
Don’t miss out, sign up for an email reminder about our party:
Guest Co-Host: Betsy from Natty Gal is our co-host this week.