So, why is this sale such a big deal? Well, it’s because Nordstrom releases a bunch of brand new fall clothes (not yet in stores or online) at limited time fabulous sale prices! Some of these discounts are HUGE and merchandise includes both trend items and staples.
The best way to shop the sale is with early access. In fact, last year early access did so well that many of the more popular items sold out prior to the sale opening to the public. While I hear from the Nordstrom “Powers That Be” that they’re better prepared for this year’s onslaught, why leave it to chance?
The Important Stuff:
- Early Access for Nordstrom cardholders runs July 13-20, 2017. If you are not a cardholder but would like to shop early access, apply here.
- Public Sale runs July 21-August 6, 2017.
- Nordstrom offers free shipping and returns, stellar customer service and a large array of product at multiple price points.
- Shop online and have purchases shipped or feel free to pick up in store or even curbside at you local store.
- PLEASE NOTE LINKS BELOW MAY NOT WORK UNTIL JULY 21 (for sale prices) UNLESS YOU ARE A NORDSTROM CARDHOLDER.
- Items below are from the preview catalog only – I’ll be adding additional items, not featured in the catalog but part of the sale, next week.
The Fun Stuff
Let’s get shopping! I pulled together a few of my favorite looks from the Anniversay Sale catalog, roughly based on the Pantone Fall 2017 color palette.
In the look below, I’ve shown how you can transition some of these new purchases from summer to fall. Using the wine-toned slip dress as a base, I’ve paired it with on-trend mules, a velvet clutch and cropped denim for summer. The same dress transitions to fall when layering a fitted tee underneath the dress and a waffle texture vest over it. These amazing Stuart Weitzman boots are true outfit makers – just look how many of the fall tones they pick up!
- Theory Telson Rosina slipdress – $229.90/$345 after sale; Look for Less Trouve slipdress – $52.90/$79 after sale, Treasure & Bond slipdress – $58.90/$89 after sale, Leith tiered midi-dress – $52.90/$79 after sale, Leith satin wrap dress – $45.90/$69 after sale
- J. Crew cropped denim jacket (not on Anniversary Sale) – $110; Similar on Anniversary Sale Mavi Samantha denim jacket – $78.90/$118 after sale
- Steve Madden Hugh mule – $59.90/$89.95 after sale
- Kendra Scott Elisa pendant – $35.90/$55 after sale – 2 finishes
- Rebecca Minkoff Small Love velvet cross-body – $116.90/$175 after sale
- Hinge long-sleeve ruffle tee – $29.90/$49 after sale – 3 colors available
- Vince Camuto waffle stitch vest – $45.90/$69 after sale – 4 colors available
- Stuart Weitzman Bacari brocade bootie – $359.90/$575 after sale; Look for Less Steve Madden Grand bootie – $86.90/$129.95 after sale
- Madewell paint stripe transport tote – $129.90/$198 after sale – 4 colors available
Our second looks pairs wine skinny jeans with a blush bell-sleeve sweater and brocade flats. These flats have a black background and feature several of the fall Pantone colors. They are on my definite purchase list for the Nordstrom sale!
- Chelsea28 bell sleeve sweater – $58.90/$89 after sale – 4 colors available; See also Sejour peplum sweater (plus size) – $52.90/$79 after sale
- AG Farrah skinny jean – $125.90/$188 after sale; See also 7 raw hem skinny $99.90/$199 after sale and NYDJ Ami skinny jean (plus size) – $82.90/$124 after sale
- Sam Edelman Raisa bow flat – $79.90/$119.95 after sale – 10 colors available
- Kendra Scott Rae pendant – $49.90/75 after sale – 3 finishes
- Kate Spade Marybeth tote – $284.90/$428 after sale
Next I went with the blue tones for this off the shoulder top, although it’s available in several colors. It’s super, super soft and I’m going to try it although I’m unsure how this this will look with my broad shoulders! On a colder day, it would be cute paired with a navy, tan or dark grey long knit vest on top.
- Two by Vince Camuto plaid top – $58.90/$89 after sale – 3 colors available
- Rag & Bone raw hem skinny jeans – $131.90/$198 after sale
- Vince Camuto Francia bootie – $99.90/$149.95 after sale – 4 colors available
- Loren Hope choker – $78.90/$118 after sale – 3 finishes
- Frye Melissa hobo – $284.90/$428 after sale
- For layering over a vest like this Halogen ($52.90/$79 – 2 colors) one would be cute. Another Halogen option. ($65.90/$99 – 4 colors)
Lastly we have a slightly edgier look although the pearl slippers and floral bag keep it girly. I always love a naughty/nice combo! Leather (or faux leather) leggings are on my fall must-have list and I like how the mixing of the poplin shirttails with the knit upper of this off-the-shoulder top.
- Trouve off-the-shoulder poplin sweater – $58.90/$89 after sale – 3 colors available
- Nordstrom Signature stretch leather biker pant $649.90/$999 after sale; Look for Less Spanx faux leather leggings – $64.90/$98 after sale, Trouve faux leather leggings – $52.90/$79 after sale, Halogen faux leather leggings – $49.90/$79 after sale. If your heart is set on a real leather pair, check out this option by DSTLD at $300.
- Steve Madden pearl embellished mules – $58.90/$89.95 after sale
- Ted Baker tote – $149.90/$229 after sale – 2 color options
- Nadri statement choker – $118.90/$178 after sale – 2 finishes
What Else to Look For
Prices tend to be especially great on denim, particularly some of the premium brands. It’s a good time to splurge on a great pair of jeans! If you want something trendy, frayed and step-hems are still on point!
Leather also represents great prices savings. I’m planning on getting the skirt below (2 colors available) and this Mackage jacket is amazing! Look for Less jacket options include the Treasure & Bond moto and the Caslon jacket.
With regard to trends, we’re still seeing a lot of pleated midi skirts, bell sleeves and tie details on both tops and sweaters, embroidery/ embellishments and floral prints. As for colors, use the guide above to note color trends for fall.
My top pick for a pleated midi. ($49.90/$79)
This cute sweatshirt caught my eye! ($79.90/$119 – 3 colors)
As did this ruffle trim track jacket. ($53.90/$79)
Note: This post contains affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here. Small sales from posts and ads help provide compensation for the time in creating posts.
SHOP THE POST
Welcome to the Friendship Friday blog hop!
We are open to all blogging niches and would love to have you join us.
- Please follow your host NattyGal on at least ONE of the following social outlets (Bloglovin’, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter). I make every attempt to return follows.
- Link up to 3 of your own posts where it says “Click here to enter” (linkup to your blog post and not your main page).
- Copy the code that comes up where it says “Get Code Here” and add that to the end of your post in the HTML section. You will then see the blog hop on your own site and can accept new entries!
- Please comment on at least the same number of other bloggers as posts that you link up (i.e., link 1 of your posts, comment on at least 1 other blogger’s post).
- By adding your links, you are stating that you have the proper licensing/rights to the images in your blog posts.
- Enjoy the linkup and meeting some new blogger friends!
NOTE: Blogs that violate the comment policy listed here will be removed.