Woo-hoo! Summer is officially under way! Now, how are you going to make the most of it? Below are the best summer bucket list ideas to ensure that you squeeze every ounce of fun out of the season. Feel free to add your own summer bucket list favorites in the comment section below!
Ultimate Summertime Bucket List
- Dine al fresco.
- Watch a sunset.
- Catch the Perseid meteor showers.
- Go to a drive-in or outdoor movie event.
- Enjoy a fluffy summer novel without guilt – required office reading and great literature can wait!
- Attend an outdoor festival or event. Whether a concert, Shakespeare in the Park, farmer’s market, an upscale flea or a food/wine event, there is sure to be something local that will suit your tastes.
- Devote a day to the pool or the beach – no phones invited!
- Have night-time fun with a glow in the dark hoola hoop contest, frisbee or lawn dart game
- Get out on the water: on a boat, canoe, kayak, paddleboard or tubing. If you’ve got absolutely NO water anywhere near you, make a home made slip’n slide with some plastic tarp and a hose or sprinkler.
- Take a road trip – near or far.
- Grow a salsa garden or cutting garden of wildflowers.
- Make homemade ice cream, either with a fancy-schmancy ice cream maker or using this old-timey method
- Go on a hike or bike ride, packing a picnic along to enjoy at one of the scenic stops.
- Rent a convertible for the day and enjoy the wind in your hair.
- Indulge in favorite summertime treats (cherries, peaches, sangria, rosé, champagne pops, iced coffee, s’mores)
Some of the Items on my Personal List (#CLEstyle)
- Go to an Edgewater Live
- Go to a Wade Oval Wednesday
- Go to Blossom Music Center for a pop show
- Go to Blossom Music Center for the orchestra
- Take Pucci to a dog-friendly bar or restaurant once/month
- Eat outside whenever possible!
- Check out e55 at the East 55th Street Marina
- Attend one of the many outdoor food/wine festivals
- Go to a Paddles and Pints outing
- Visit the Lake Erie Islands
- Test out the obstacle course gym at Euphoria Fitness
We’re only a week in to summer but I’m happy to report that I’m making great progress on my list! Hope you are too. Make your own summer bucket list with the cute planner below:
Note: This post contains affiliate links. For full disclosure policy, click here.