This weekend casual look came about when I purchased this Fair Isle sweater from J. Crew. The company has been having a bit of trouble recently, demonstrated by the fact that they’re running items at a near constant 40-50% off. Prints and patterns are atypical for me but I was looking for a piece to liven up my basics. The bright blue colors and combo stripes and pattern in this piece called out and I wasn’t disappointed when the sweater arrived. The wool quality (which has gotten to be suspect on some recent J. Crew pieces) is good and while the arms are bit snug with a shirt layered underneath, I’m afraid going up a size would make things too boxy through the middle.
OOTD: Weekend Casual Look
- J. Crew Fair Isle Striped Sweater – new purchase
- J. Crew Always Chambray Shirt – already owned
- Gap Mid Rise True Skinny Jeans – already owned
- Sam Edelman Petty Boot – already owned
- (Similar) Cara Rhinestone Earrings – already owned
- (Similar) Madewell Transport Tote – already owned