Perhaps surprisingly, I’ve come to rely on Target’s C9 line as my workout wear of choice. It’s super-reasonably priced, offers a great weight and coverage (unlike those transparent numbers of the 2013 Lululemon debacle) and hold up well to countless washing. Target refreshes the line multiple times throughout the year providing a steady supply of new prints and colors. Old Navy also makes cute, inexpensive active wear pieces.
Currently the C9 line is running at 25% off prices below with code SAVE25.
Workout Wear: Clothes
These limited edition Anna Kaiser for C9 pieces are dance inspired and have great details.
- Limited Edition Anna Kaiser for C9 Layering Top Sweatshirt – $34.99
- Anna Kaiser for C9 Strappy Back Sports Bra – $19.99
- Anna Kaiser for C9 Side Cut-out Leggings – $39.99
Regular line pieces feature a wide variety of colors and prints.
- Target C9 Performance Tank – $14.99
- C9 Freedom Capri – $24.99
- C9 Racerback Sports Bra – $22.99
Label lovers might want to look into the adidas by Stella McCartney line for athletic styles that highlight current trends. Loved this floral print from the winter line! Tory Burch, Kate Spade and J. Crew have also recently started to manufacture workout wear.
- adidas by Stella McCartney Blossom print top – $88 on sale from $125
- adidas by Stella McCartney capri tights – $75
Workout Wear: Shoes
Lastly, for shoes! Since my first professional fitting, I’ve always run in the Saucony Guide Series and have been happy with them. When starting P90X3, I purchased Nike Training Shoes and found them suitable. In both pairs I went up a full size to find the best fit.