Velvet was a major trend on the Fall, 2016 catwalks and this lush fabric lends itself well to holiday dressing. Following on last week’s theme, below are three distinct ways to wear velvet this next month or so…bohemian, romantic and edgy.
Look 1 – Bohemian: This look is centered around a black velvet babydoll dress with bell sleeves. The embroidered bootie, suede clutch, skinny scarf and mixed media earrings all enhance the boho feel.
- Mango Mixed Pieces Earrings – $25.99
- Halogen Skinny Scarf in Red Mars – $25.00
- Mango Velvet Dress with Bell Sleeves – $99.99
- Sole Society Olympia Embroidered Bootie (limited edition) – $119.95
- Lulu’s Making the Rounds Olive Green Suede Clutch – $19.00
Look 2 – Romantic: The soft color of the cami as well as those in the shoes and jewelry all help give this look a romantic feel. Pairing those pieces with a lighter trouser and blue velvet blazer keep the look classic.
- Banana Republic Velvet Jewel Tone Necklace & Earrings – $48-$98
- Saks Fifth Avenue Collection Velvet Boyfriend Blazer in Navy- $350.00
- Cuyana Silk Cami in Deep Rose – $135.00
- J. Crew Ludlow Pant in Glen Plaid – $228.00
- Banana Republic Eugenia Kim Beau Pump – $395
Look 3 – Edgy: Velvet can be edgy if it’s cut as a fitted crop top. To keep the look on point, I’ve paired the top with jet black skinnies and sexy, strappy stilettos. A ruffled leather bottle green crossbody with metal accents and a dramatic cuff/earring set complete this final outfit.
- Topshop Crushed Velvet Twist Front Crop Top – $35.00
- DSTLD Black Mid Rise Skinny Jeans – $75.00
- Zara Stiletto Heel Sandals – $49.90
- Zara Frilled Leather Crossbody – $119.00
- Roberto Coin Stingray Cuff and Hoop Earrings
2 thoughts on “The Velvet Touch”
Great looks for the holidays!